Please note that construction schedules are subject to change due to weather, site issues, etc.
Reference this Construction MAP to view the impacted construction areas for next week.
Unsure about which is your area? Visit the Blueprint map and type in your address to find out!
- Several streets are slated for repaving in conjunction with Department of Public Service. Repaving schedules are currently being finalized with the contractor in most areas. Residents will receive notice from approximately one week before work will begin.
- Plantings in ALL AREAS will be evaluated at multiple intervals this spring, and any plants not thriving will be replaced.
- Inlet protections for storm sewer inlets will remain until construction has ended and disturbed sites are stabilized. Please do not tamper with or remove them, they are required construction site controls to keep sediment and debris from the construction activities out of the storm sewer. Newly constructed rain garden inlets are also initially blocked with straw waddles to allow the plants to get established and stabilized before becoming fully functional. All inlet protections will be removed by the contractor when allowed.
- The rain gardens are designed to drain in 48 hours or less. Some standing water within the garden after a rain event is normal. However, if the rain gardens are overflowing or have standing water for more than 2 days, please report that to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Just like a normal storm drain, the rain gardens can’t do their job if leaves/debris are piling up and blocking water from entering the inlet. Our crews will clear these inlets during regular maintenance, but if you see leaves piling up and blocking the rain garden inlets, feel free to push them aside to allow rainwater to enter. And, as always, remember to keep leaves and yard waste out of the streets as much as possible.
- Facemyer has completed all project work within the project work zone. Rain gardens will continue to have a monthly cleanout/maintenance performed on them.
- Private property investigations for downspout redirection for this area has begun. Residents have received the commencement letter and homeowner meetings will be scheduled with the contractor once the investigation for your house is complete, so please be on the lookout for any notifications from Ohio Basement Authority.
Weisheimer Indian Springs
- Igel will be conducting downspout installations on Weisheimer, Foster and Henderson Rd.
- Igel will also have an additional crew in the area installing “cleanouts”. These are access points used to clean out and make any point repairs to the newly lined laterals.
- BLD, Inc. will be conducting lateral lining on Weisheimer, Fairlawn, Cooke and Indian Springs
- Eramo will continue to conduct routine maintenance on the rain gardens.
- Additional evaluations are being conducted in conjunction with repaving plans. Schedules are being finalized with the repaving contractor.
- Glencoe Rd. Resurfacing Update: Glencoe Rd. is part of the Dept of Public Service’ 2019 resurfacing list. Columbia Gas has gas line work that must be completed as well. Both are collaborating to complete this work. AFTER Columbia Gas performs their gas line work, DPS will proceed with street stabilization and resurfacing work, including curb. Timeline for resurfacing work is by the end of this construction season. As more detailed schedules become available, we will provide that information in these updates.
- Private property investigations for downspout redirection and lateral lining for this area will begin late 2019. Residents will receive a letter when this area is “activated”.
- Additional plantings will be added to the basins on the slopes later this month.
- Private property investigations for downspout redirection and lateral lining for this area have begun. Crews will be completing downspout investigations on Chatham Rd. Residents have been mailed a letter with more information regarding the process and what to expect.
- Private property investigations for downspout redirection and lateral lining for this area have begun. Crews will be conducting investigations on Canyon Dr. and Lenappe Dr. next week. Residents will receive a notice from the contractor once investigations are complete to schedule a homeowner meeting. The contractor conducting the investigations in this area is MCSP.
- Shelly & Sands will be in the area working on the remaining restoration items throughout the entire project area. They will be moving street by street restoring any damaged/disturbed areas.
- Several streets are slated for repaving in conjunction with Department of Public Service. Paving preparations for the following streets will begin in June: E Jeffrey, E Royal Forest Blvd, E Beechwold Blvd, Wetmore Rd, E Beaumont Rd, and E Dominion Blvd.
- BLD Inc., the crew that is conducting the lateral lining and inspections, will not have a crew cleaning laterals this week due to conflicts with the current paving taking place within the area.
- BLD will conduct actual linings in the alley between Royal Forrest / Jeffery Place, Royal Forrest/Beechwold & Beechwold/Wetmore, E Dominion.
- Ohio Basement Authority will not be in the area working on downspouts this week.
Please contact 614-645-1253 or email@example.com with any questions you may have. If you have an emergency, please call 614-645-8276 for Water or 614-645-7102 for Sewers.
Sump Pump installations will resume this summer. Contact our outreach team if you are interested in learning more about our free sump pump program!